Pages

Friday 29 July 2011

My Favorite Films Starring The Great Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp is one of the better actors out there today. He exemplifies many traits that so few actors do; he is always choosing great roles, showcases his versatility, as well as his personality in every film he stars in.

When it comes to choosing the best films of his career, there are many worthy candidates. Here are some of my favorites.

Of all the Tim Burton films that Depp has starred in, my absolute favorite was one of the earliest ones, and it was none other than Edward Scissorhands. This movie exemplifies all things Tim Burton and it is clear why this great director took a liking to Depp after this movie.

One movie that Johnny Depp starred in that I absolutely loved was Donnie Brasco. I still remember walking out of the theater of this 1997 crime drama and feeling like I just saw one of the more suspenseful films of my younger years. Depp gives a memorable performance in this movie.

Always looking to work with director Tim Burton, the duo reunited for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. There is a lot to like about this horror or comedy or musical or whatever you want to categorize it as. I didn't want to include a second Burton film, but they have done so many movies together that it is tough not to.

Another great film that has to be mentioned when discussing the best of the best Johnny Depp films is Blow. Penelope Cruz also stars in this rise to riches story and arguably does a better job than he does!

One movie that seems to get a lot of acclaim from Johnny Depp fans is Ed Wood. Although this is a movie that I have never seen, this is the next movie that I am going to see from his ever expanding catalogue.

With so many films to choose from, this was a difficult list to make, but at the end of the day, these are the films I felt worthy of mentioning.


No comments:

Post a Comment