Pages

Friday 29 July 2011

Daniel Day Lewis' Finest Films To Date

Where to start with Daniel Day Lewis? The guy is like the Dr. Dre of acting. He only comes out with a movie when he sees fit, and when he does, you can be sure that it will be an incredible movie. Lewis is at a point in his career where he only chooses the perfect roles for him and has no problem taking some time off in between.

The following movies feature some of my favorite Daniel Day Lewis roles of all time.

Of course, one movie that must be mentioned on a list of Daniel Day Lewis films is My Left Foot. Lewis stars plays the role of a person with cerebral palsy who learns to write and paint using the only movable part of his body, his left foot.

The Last Of The Mohicans is one of my favorite war films, let alone movies starring Daniel Day Lewis, of all time. This movie depicts the French and Indian war in a way that no other movie has been able to recreate, and very few have even tried.

I can say with certainty that one of the best cinematic villains we have seen in recent years is Bill "The Butcher" Cutting Martin Scorsese's film, Gangs Of New York. This movie also happens to star Cameron Diaz and Leonardo DiCaprio.

There Will Be Blood is my favorite Daniel Day Lewis movie of all of them. I can't even put into words how great his acting is in this movie. He completely owns the part of Daniel Plainview and this movie must be seen to fully understand what I mean. This is one of the best films of the year and it was no surprise that he won an Oscar for this movie.

One other great Daniel Day Lewis film that I feel the need to mention is The Boxer. This movie may not have received the accolades that his other movies did, but it is an amazing film and role nonetheless.

As it stands, this is my list. I have no doubts however that any future Daniel Day Lewis films will be incredible as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment