Pages

Thursday 28 July 2011

Hair Extensions & Clip in Hair Extensions Application Methods and Advice

I am writing to share my views with the world on my experience of different hair extensions techniques & why clip on extensions are the best in my opinion.

I am from the UK and have extremely fine hair and since perming and dying it from a young age I ended up with a very fine head of damaged and lifeless looking locks which never grew. I needed to do something as I worked as a professional model for London's u.k leading glamour and fashion agency. A lot of the girls had long hair and I felt in order to feel confident I wanted some as well

I later realized that many of the models had hair extensions in and they paid a lot of money to get them done, as well as the maintenance I could not imagine ever being able to afford to get them done unless I was booked for many jobs then I could save the money.

I did get quite a few jobs with my fine short hair so I managed to get the cash together to get my own hair extensions done and they looked great so I was happy. The most popular method seemed to be the strand by strand bonded extension which is very popular in the UK and the USA I decided to get mine done at a top UK London salon. The extension application took 5 hours and the cost was £900 and although that was very pricey It was well worth it because they looked amazing. I was booked for many more photo shoots than normal after that and I could not imagine ever going back to having fine straggly split ends. I kept the extension in for the 3 month period as advised and went back to the same salon for them to be removed. This is where it all went wrong. The removal took 2 hours and after it was severely damaged and thinner than before. I was so upset but all I could do is wait and try to use as many good leave in treatments and vitamins I could to try and get it back into some kind of condition.

Around 9 months later I was out with a friend in the USA and realised her locks had all of a sudden grown about 18 inches longer so then realised she had also had a full head of extensions done. I started to warn her about the damage that may be done on the removal. She then told me not to worry as she was wearing a set of clip in hair extensions

So my advice to people wanting to have the bonded hair extension method is to read reviews and do as much research as possible to make sure you are going to the right salon otherwise you may find yourself in the same predicament as I was in.

I now use the clip in hair extensions method. They are perfect for me and they take less than 10 minutes to apply. There are many different sets and sizes available on the web but I found the ultimate extension companies the best for quality and price by far. They supply to the UK and the USA as far as I know and I am pretty sure they also sell all over Europe and also Australia. They also provide samples for colour matching which is a free service which is good as well. Once clipped in they cause no damage and are completely undetectable. I would not keep mine in for longer than 7 hours or so though as they can start to itch a bit.

I think they look more natural than any other extension methods on the market. Since I have been wearing these clip on extension all of my friends were so amazed they went out and bought there own.


No comments:

Post a Comment